As most of you know, Black Friday is my holiday. I love it. I look forward to it all year long. This year was no different. Except one little problem. Black Friday didn't start on Friday this year but on Thursday evening, Thanksgiving. That's right. So where to start this story. I guess we'll start it at the beginning of Thursday. We woke up Thursday morning and started getting dressed for the day. We were having Thanksgiving at Aunt Cathy's house. We all went up there around lunch time and ate and played. You know you always hate to eat and run, but today was definitely an eat and run kinda day. The Saints were playing at 3 so we had to be home for that and the first sales started that evening so we had to get a little rest as well. Of course, procrastinater that I am, I hadn't even looked at the sale papers yet so when we left Aunt Cathy's house, that's exactly what I started doing. I made lists, looked at papers, got the car cleaned and ready to go. We were all planning on meeting at Aunt Brenda's house at 8:00 because the Toys R Us Sale started at 10:00. So it was just about 5 when I decided I'd try to get a little rest when the phone rang and Krissy was on the other end letting me know Walgreens toy sale had already been going on. So she and I scrambled to get dressed and get to Walgreens before meeting up with everyone else. We were gone by 6:30 and back to Aunt Brenda's just on time. This year the gang consisted of me, Krissy, moma, Aunt Brenda, Katie, Patri, Aunt Patricia, Aunt Deedee, Meghan, Aunt Trina, Aunt Cathy, Melissa, Tina and Aunt Linda. We separated into 3 cars and took off. Our plan was Toys R Us, Walmart, Kohls, etc etc. Toys R Us was nuts so we nixed that idea and started our night at Walmart. Their sale started at midnight so it gave us plenty of time to get ready. After we left Walmart we headed to Waffle House to eat, then to Kohl's, Target, JCPenney, Academy and then back home for a quick unload. By this point moma was exhausted and Patri's back was hurting. This was 5:30 am. Once home we unloaded what we could and all separated. Moma, Patri, Brenda, Katie, Aunt Cathy, and Melissa called it a day (lightweights), T and the rest of the gang headed to Mississippi and Krissy and I headed to Lakeside. Once all was said and done and shopping was finished, Krissy and I didn't make it home until 4pm Friday. *Don't forget we left at 6:30 the day before. Thats 21.5 hours of shopping.* We had a great day though and it was lots and lots of fun. CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR!!!!
Welcome!
Welcome to our new Family Blog Site!! We have had so much happen in our lives lately that we thought we would start a blog to share with everyone. Check back periodically for updates.
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment