Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful mothers, aunts, sisters, grandmothers, friends and everyone else I am forgetting. To those of you that do not have the pleasure to be a mother, I have been there and I think about you on this day more than ever.
Today was such a special day. I got to sleep until 9am. My kids didn't stir at all. We kept them up late the night before and they slept like babies. It was heaven to sleep that late on a Sunday. Once we got up, Elena was so excited about her Mother's Day gift. They made cards and self portraits at school. She has been sleeping with them under her pillow since Friday night. When she got up Sunday morning she came and curled up into bed with me for a little while. Then she hopped back up and ran to Landon's room to wake him up. I guess she remembered it was mother's day. She woke him up and Barrett scooped him out of bed then they all went to Elena's room to get my stuff. Landon carried his card in and Elena carried her card in. They both smiled and said Happy Mothers Day. They were so excited to share their surprises with me.
After we finally got out of bed, we went to moma and daddy's for Mother's Day donuts. The kids stayed in their jammies while I ran home to get dressed and get their swimsuits. We spent the day at moma & daddy's just barbequeing and letting the kids play and swim. The food was great, the company was fantastic, and it was a beautiful day. Couldn't have asked for more. This is exactly how I wanted to spend my mother's day.
After eating myself out crazy, I ended my night with a great workout at the gym. That always makes a great ending for the day, especially a day filled with overeating and over indulging.

No comments:
Post a Comment