Welcome!

Welcome to our new Family Blog Site!! We have had so much happen in our lives lately that we thought we would start a blog to share with everyone. Check back periodically for updates.

Friday, July 3, 2009

Orphan!

OK. I don't take a stand on too many things. Especially things I see on television. But I saw a commercial this morning that really bothered me. There is a new movie being released at the end of this month called Orphan. This is a horror movie about an adopted child that basically wreaks havoc, kills, etc on the family that adopted her. I have serious issues with this. Although Barrett and I adopted a baby from a foreign country, in my opinion this movie really sheds a bad light on adoption of older children domestically. I started checking into this movie once I saw the commercial. Adoption agencies and adoption advocates all over have been disputing this movie trying to stop its release. Older children are already statistically less likely to get adopted than young children. Parents looking to adopt have all kinds of fears regarding adopting older children. This movie is just going to make that worse. I have joined the many others having issues with this movie and I have sent a letter to Warner Brothers giving my opinion. Obviously, Warner Brothers doesn't care about my opinion but I still wanted to give my opinion to all of you. I know there are a lot of horror film fans out there but I ask that you at least think twice before contributing to this movie.

1 comment:

Carly said...

I haven't seen the commercials for that movie yet, but it does sound horrible! I agree with you.